Tuesday, June 30

Recently.

Recently read: "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (Pajamas)," by John Boyne. This book is a short read. After watching the movie a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I needed to read the book. I highly recommend it. Despite the times during both the book and film that I literally felt sick with anger and disgust, the perspective of this book, that of a nine year old German boy, makes this story a WWII allegory like no other.

Recently watched: "Away We Go," directed by Sam Mendes. As a devoted John Krasinski fan, I enjoyed this film. And it made me very aware of the fact that I will still be able to wear at least 3/4 of my wardrobe when I become pregnant.

Recently went: Proctor Farmer's Market (corn empanadas are worth the trip) and the Whole Foods on Westlake. I love this store. While having many ridiculous and overpriced items, I find myself in a trance of wanting to buy everything and can spend at least 10 minutes just looking at their fresh sushi. I went up to Seattle to nanny Nicholas last Saturday evening and stopped by Whole Foods to pick up my dad's favorite Tree Sister's graham cracker cereal. I gave myself more than enough travel time coming from Tacoma and found myself with time to kill before heading over to Interbay. That's ok. I spent my time comparing the many komboucha brands and finding the perfect container of melon and strawberries to purchase.

Recently want: Due to the fact that the ends of my hair are getting lighter and lighter (most likely a sign to give my hair a trim), I have been wanting to "lighten" my entire head. Pros: becoming the redhead I was in junior high. Cons: Ruining my virgin hair. We'll see what wins.

Note of the Day: Had my first valet experience today. I could get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment