Friday, October 22

running lately.

I love to run. People that know me know that I love to run. It all started my senior year of high school; wandering the halls of Lincoln High School, noticing a advertisement for XC try outs, and trying out. A XC season, a track & field season and a 1/2 and full marathon and I haven't looked back since.

I love to run, love to race. I wouldn't call myself a fanatic though. I am not one of those people who can run 6 or 7 days a week. I am one of those people who has the itch to work out 6 or 7 days a week though.... just not all consisting of pounding the pavement. Cross training, weight training, swimming laps, yoga [sometimes] and of course, running is what keeps me going week by week.

I'm currently training for another 1/2. This will be my 5th 1/2 marathon. I told myself from the beginning that I would never run this one. As a runner in the PNW, I told myself that I didn't need to run this race to call myself a runner. Whelp. I'm running it. 11/28, my dear friend MM, and the Seattle 1/2's hills. Oh well.... I guess it was bound to happen some time or later.

6 miles was on the agenda today. I went out for 7, but only got in 6 because of a] time and b] I was plain tired. To be honest, I'm about 3 [ish\] weeks behind on my usual training schedule what with finally deciding and registering only last week. But, MM and I are in it to finish and have fun. If a sub-2 happens, all the better [I won't be holding my breath though. I'll be saving it for those hills, of course.].

The 6 miles and a full work day have finally caught up with me. A wake up call for kickboxing [oh yeah, I like kickboxing too] will be happening sooner than I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment