Monday, April 11

An Isaiah 59 Monday

Woke up this morning to sunshine. Sunshine and Isaiah 59. As I finished my Bible study lesson that culminated in Isaiah 59, I was completely entranced by the last seven verses. The gospel message in 7 verses; depicting our Savior like a knight in shining armor. Beautiful words for a beautiful day.

After a quick workout, I caught a bus to Belltown and walked the rest of the way into the heart of downtown. I live only 15 minutes away from Pike Place Market, but only go occasionally; to show out of town friends or on a particular mission to purchase something.Today, I slowed down and literally strolled the market. Ran into two old nursing friends in Le Panier. Bought some of my favorite tea from Market Spice Tea and a piroshky from Piroshky Piroshky. I still remember my first piroshky at the market with my dad on my 13th birthday date. It was also the day I got my ears pierced for the first time. A good day and a good memory.

I'm now sitting on my patio with a mug of my just purchased tea. Off to do something with the huge bunch of basil I bought last week that will go bad soon if I don't use it. I don't know what led me to buy such a big bunch. And then off to Bible study where I will end my day with Isaiah 59. What a blessing to have days off like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment