Thursday, February 18

Don't run under window washers.

The scenario:

Beautiful sunny Seattle Thursday. Had a 4-miler to do today, so I decided to run my normal bridges run (across the Ballard Bridge to the Fremont Bridge), but ventured off the Burke-Gilman to get an extra .5 mile. Was pacing at a good tempo, and noticed a bunch of water on the sidewalk about 50 meters in front of me. As I reached the spot, I looked up and noticed nothing. Looked down and WHOOSH. 10 gallons of water; everywhere. A little scream and I look up at a very scared window washer who had appeared out of no where. I kept going, not breaking my pace. Funny.

Anyways, back to the beautiful sunny Seattle Thursday. Beautiful! My windows are wide open; casi cielo in my cup. I'm trying to soak up as much natural light as I can. It's supposed to stay sunny and clear throughout the weekend, which is the perfect equation for my upcoming staff retreat in Anacortes this weekend. Mmmmmmm. My freckles are thanking me advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment