Monday, January 31

STL recap:

Currently itting in essential baking company in Fremont with a goat cheese/pear sandwich [incredibly good!]. A perfect time for a recap:

Such a wonderful time with my sister. On Sunday we went contra dancing. To be honest, I was quite apprehensive about going and almost begged off going [my last contra experience was interesting to say the least]. I am so glad I went. Such fun! A few girls from bible study go frequently in the Seattle area, and I am now thinking of going on a regular basis myself.

Monday morning/early afternoon included a snowy walk of Covenant Theological Seminary, a STL arch and Busch Stadium visit, some wondrous greek grub, and some grocery store visits. Monday evening was pho/Fiddler on the Roof night with J's neighbors [an odd combination, I know]. So good. One of my favorite films with one of my favorite foods.

On Tuesday, I chopped my hair off. Not really.... but a 1.5 inches makes my curls SPRING, thus making a much shorter do than I'm used to. Lunch at a completely authentic Jewish deli [matzah ball soup goodness], and then prep for Joelle's golden 25th birthday party, complete with golden gilt, a yellow devil's food cake, paper chain decorations, and a Taio Cruz music playlist. It was such a joyous evening celebrating Joelle.

Wednesday I flew back to SEA, finally got a work out in, and then back to the work life. An education day and then a day scrubbed into the OR. I was once again faced with a patient in a spica cast. I held it together until I saw a single tear slide down the side of the 20 month old's face in the PACU. It hurts to see these little ones hurting.

All in all, I wish I was back. I wish I could romp in the snow. I wish I could spend more vaca days with Joelle. I wish I could write more, but I have a car full of "junk" to drop off at my NEW apartment. Real life has begun once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment