Saturday, March 12

5:22am

Went to bed at 12:15am, slept until 4am. I've been awake ever since. After tossing and turning for 30 minutes, I got up and ate a bowl of cereal on the floor by my fireplace, looking out over a street-light lit Ballard/Fremont. These nights are catching up with me. Three nights ago, I was awake, running from patient room to patient room, frantically totaling ins & outs. Now that I've paid back my sleep debt from 3 nights on, my body doesn't know what to do with itself. 5:27am now. My alarm is set to go off at 8am. I have a running date with the Burke-Gilman. Then a city day around the U-District with a good, good friend. And daylight savings time. So long circadian rhythm.

At least some things stay constant always:

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment